1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Insect ID wanted ?????

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by TomP, Jul 19, 2008.

1. First i thought he was in the stink bug family, but that does not seem to right, just curious what he might be. what ever it is, he is fast, and defensive, when I first poked at him he reared up as if to say, "comon just try it"":biggrin:

large.

2. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    That's what it looks like to me - a stink bug. But I am no bug expert. I saw one very similar to this one yesterday, but it had a blue and red antenna.

3. Thom, this is a member of the family Coreidae (Leaf-Footed Bugs), but as it is a nymph it's difficult to tell anything more precise.

Cheers

4. Thanks Francis, but the stink bugs I looked up were smaller, did not have the long legs and the "horns".
    I need a good insect book. I might have one, but the wife took down 2 huge bookshelves and boxed them up, no telling whats in there.:curious::smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  5. Thanks Harry, but I am a bit confused by the term nymph, this will change into something else???

6. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    It'll change into an adult Tom - nymph just means a juvenile.

See if you can find it here - http://bugguide.net/node/view/93 although adults of this type can be a totally different shape!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.