Inside a Steam Locomotive

Have you ever wondered what the inside of a steam locomotive looks like. Yesterday the Durango & Silverton shop allowed me to get inside a 1928 steam engine that is being rebuild. Was a tight space so glad I had the Z7 with 24-70.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was a difficult location and work was in progress, so I had to shoot quickly and get out of the way of the workers.

When I was 14 my grandfather hired me help put new tubes in one of those, I spent the summer in the firebox with an air hammer and air chisel and an acetylene torch. I made good money but it was dirty, hard work. That one looks pretty clean.

Have you ever wondered what the inside of a steam locomotive looks like. Yesterday the Durango & Silverton shop allowed me to get inside a 1928 steam engine that is being rebuild. Was a tight space so glad I had the Z7 with 24-70. View attachment 1635457
View attachment 1635458
I love my D850 and battery grip, but I am glad I had the Z7 when climbing up a ladder and into the boiler. May get to ride in one of the engines and the space is cramped, so will take the Z7 again.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom