Inside a Steam Locomotive

Have you ever wondered what the inside of a steam locomotive looks like. Yesterday the Durango & Silverton shop allowed me to get inside a 1928 steam engine that is being rebuild. Was a tight space so glad I had the Z7 with 24-70.
_Z700952.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_Z700949.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was a difficult location and work was in progress, so I had to shoot quickly and get out of the way of the workers.

When I was 14 my grandfather hired me help put new tubes in one of those, I spent the summer in the firebox with an air hammer and air chisel and an acetylene torch. I made good money but it was dirty, hard work. That one looks pretty clean.

Have you ever wondered what the inside of a steam locomotive looks like. Yesterday the Durango & Silverton shop allowed me to get inside a 1928 steam engine that is being rebuild. Was a tight space so glad I had the Z7 with 24-70. View attachment 1635457
View attachment 1635458
I love my D850 and battery grip, but I am glad I had the Z7 when climbing up a ladder and into the boiler. May get to ride in one of the engines and the space is cramped, so will take the Z7 again.

Latest threads

Top Bottom