Inside the fence

Since 9/11 it has been extremly difficult to get inside airports to photograph planes, but finally my wish came through the other day. A few spotters were invited to see a very rare visitor to a this part of the world, the Antonov 124 Freighter, and boy what a sight.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then we continued to the other side of the airport where all the normal traffic where, and were allowed to walk around the planes and take all the pictures we wanted.

MyTravel A321 at the gate

Ryanair 737-800 ready for departure

And my favorite shot: Moon over Sterling 737-800

We ended up back in the cargo area where we were lucky to see this Icelandair B-757-203 freighter

Hope you like 'em.

Wonderful shots and opportunity. I wished we were allowed too.

I saw the AN-124 once from a distance when it was parked in KMIA for a day on a stopover. What a huge beast!

Is the Antonov 124 the worlds largest plane? I seem to remember a Russian plane a bit larger than the US C-5. I have seen several C-5s and they look like they could fall out of the sky at any moment...their size makes it appear that they are moving a lot slower than they are. I would love to see that big plane in the air.

Mason, I think there's a russian freighter which is bigger than this one, but the name escapes me right now. In this link there's a couple of shots of the beast in the air
http://tinyurl.com/23upea (NOT my photos)

Falcon

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom