Inside the fence

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Falcon, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Falcon

Falcon

May 3, 2006
    Denmark
    Since 9/11 it has been extremly difficult to get inside airports to photograph planes, but finally my wish came through the other day. A few spotters were invited to see a very rare visitor to a this part of the world, the Antonov 124 Freighter, and boy what a sight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we continued to the other side of the airport where all the normal traffic where, and were allowed to walk around the planes and take all the pictures we wanted.

MyTravel A321 at the gate
    [​IMG]

Ryanair 737-800 ready for departure
    [​IMG]

And my favorite shot: Moon over Sterling 737-800
    [​IMG]

We ended up back in the cargo area where we were lucky to see this Icelandair B-757-203 freighter
    [​IMG]

Hope you like 'em.

2. tomtodeath

tomtodeath

Jan 11, 2007
    new jersey
    Very nice! I also especially like your favorite shot, "Moon over Sterling 737-800"

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots
    That is one huge transport plane

4. The famous Condor...now that's a BIG bird!!!! Nice shots!

5. Great shots.

6. very nice images, thanks for sharing.

7. Wonderful shots and opportunity. I wished we were allowed too.

I saw the AN-124 once from a distance when it was parked in KMIA for a day on a stopover. What a huge beast!

8. Is the Antonov 124 the worlds largest plane? I seem to remember a Russian plane a bit larger than the US C-5. I have seen several C-5s and they look like they could fall out of the sky at any moment...their size makes it appear that they are moving a lot slower than they are. I would love to see that big plane in the air.

9. Falcon

Falcon

May 3, 2006
    Denmark
    Mason, I think there's a russian freighter which is bigger than this one, but the name escapes me right now. In this link there's a couple of shots of the beast in the air
    http://tinyurl.com/23upea (NOT my photos)

Falcon

10. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.