Inspiration from Taxes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by beaucamera, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Man, I hate this time of the year when the pressure is on to finish the dreaded taxes and to wonder how to pay up! The weekend came and it just got harder...but we finally made headway. Time to sleep on things, check one more time...still got a couple of days.

Needed some space for creativity so I managed to this one. It's a landscape, I guess. Actually a reflection from the side of my automobile that I doctored up. Hope you enjoy the result.

70-20 VR with 17IIE TC

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. Tell me about it......tax time sucks!!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey, taxes pay for our schools, roads, and a bunch of other good stuff, so smile when you send in that check (I know, it's hard....;-)).

Virginia, you are really getting into the abstract arena. This is a very creative shot. 8)

Regards,

Frank

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    golly thats a terrible thing to happen. Taxes. well already bit the bullet and got mine done last month.

Suprise and got money back. Must mean I am poor.

The image, well sure different.

wonder what you saw or what was there to give a reflection.

5. The original image.

Well, Gale, here is the image I started with. You can't really see anything except bands of color on the car door.

Compare it to the processed image. I used nik multimedia Color Pro 2 filters to get some of the effects you see here.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Amazing,I like it

As for taxes over here it's called "libiral"the more you earn the more you pay.
    I hate it!!
    Must get your books ready by the end of April,delivered mine end of Feb heard nothing yet,think that's a good sign

7. About the "libiral"

Hans, this sounds like an interesting system of taxation. Here the more you earn has nothing to do with what you pay. It's more a question of how many deductions can you find for your income. The more deductions you have the less you pay. Two people can gross the same income, but pay a totally different amount. It's can get pretty complicated.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I love exploring and trying to find me ways to see the same old stuff!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

8. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    speaking of which

With the taxes we pay we could buy a really NICE lens or 2 or 3, or pay up. Not many flowers in Leavenworth so guess I'd better pay up.