Inspired by UF and FLew

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Apr 22, 2005.

1. OK I too have been inspired by these guys to post some Snowy shots, well to be honest I am jealous, as of now there are no birds in my area like this to shot so I will have to pull these out of the Merritt archives also
    Lunch time
    original.
    Showing off
    original.
    Balancing Act
    original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Just gorgeous Mike!! Now I know that you need to go down to Merritt in June... :lol:

Regards,

Frank

3. now we have to tempt him back in June to capture some more. Hehehehehehehe!

great shots!

4. Wow Mike these are really great shots. Wish I had an archive to pull images like this out of.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon, Gordon, Gordon....All you have to do is come to Merritt with us in June, and you'll get more shots like these than you can process in 3 months.... :lol:

I know that you said you had other obligations, but we sure would like to have you join in. ;-)

Frank

6. Very nicely done Mike!! :D :D :D

7. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Love your color and contrast control. Great shots.

8. Ya sure Frank, I can just hear my wife now when I tell her I am going to Florida to shoot birds instead of to Italy with her. I'm dumb but I am not stupid.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OK, OK, so you have a pretty good excuse.... :lol:

We will have to try to get together though. Janie and I would love to spend a week or two touring your part of the country sometimes soon.

Maybe later in the year. :wink:

Have fun on your trip.

Frank

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh Gordon,

Just be stupid once.

Promise it won't hurt.... lololool

forget that

I was just delerious for a second *sp

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike,
    I got some snoweys stuffed away somewhere...lolol

Nice shots, as usual

12. Mike,

I am in awe of these photos. This makes me even more anxious to go to Chicateage on Gordons outing next month.

The colors and the details in the feathers are fantastic.

Question for you. Do you do much post processing on your pictures? Whatever you do, you are doing right!

13. thanks Greg I really liek the ways these came out I printed the series and have them on my wall

14. Mellisa
    Thanks for the kind words, I am sure you will come back with a bunch of CF cards filled with great shots from your trip.
    In capture I apply sharpening and adjust the gamma point and then in PSCS I crop resize and apply final sharpening with a Miranda plug in. I don't like to spend much time in post so I try to get as much right in the camera as possible

15. Lovely shots, Mike, and the dark background helps. Too many times the sun lightens the water and doesn't give contrast - you've done well with these. I'll bet they're a pleasure to view on a wall!

16. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Simply awesome looking shots Mike.