Install OSX Snow Leopard

Anyone ever have problems installing it? I've got a new hard drive and whenever I try to install SL, it freezes up about 28 minutes to go on a fresh install. Anyone know how what the problem is?

I've had this problem with 2 hard drives now - both which I've taken back and got replaced.

Wow, don't think I've heard of that before. Since it's happened with two drives, maybe the disc has a problem with it?

If you haven't done so already, I'd try it one more time, but I'd first erase the drive, and write zero's over the whole drive first. Then try to install SL. If it fails again, I'd bring the SL disk to an Apple store, maybe they'll check it for you, or just give you a new copy?

Download InstallDisk and make a bootable USB or burn it on a DVD9 dvd... Should work, otherwise: press and hold the "Hardware Test" key...

Could be something on the LogicBoard that throws wrenches in to the gears...

Thanks you guys, I'm currently at the store getting this drive replaced.

I'm probably going to get this SL disk replaced also.

Thanks really for the help, I've posted about 3 times on a popular Mac for help, no replies but many views post here one time to get some. Really appreciated.

Thanks you guys, I'm currently at the store getting this drive replaced.

I'm probably going to get this SL disk replaced also.

Thanks really for the help, I've posted about 3 times on a popular Mac for help, no replies but many views post here one time to get some. Really appreciated.

Another option: Carbon Copy Clone a fresh install from another Mac and update the OS (replaces driver, kexts) automatically if I'm correct :)!

Using Carbon Copy Cloner right now to create a bootable disk on my new drive. After that, I'll insert it into the computer and be on my way.

When SL first came out and I purchased it, I had problems with the disk and finally wound up returning to the Apple store and getting a replacement. The second disk worked fine in a couple of my machines and gave me problems in one. I found that it was important to carefully and thoroughly clean off the disk before inserting it into the Superdrive. I think that the quality of the disks just wasn't (maybe still isn't) all that good and that for this reason some drives balk.

Cloned the drive.
Insert it into tue Mac.
Boots up fine.

Computer moves at a snails pace. Urghh

I have to say...Apple QC department has been slipping. I had problems with my iMac which required the snow leopard disk to repair. Since the fire, my software has gone MIA, so I ran to the Apple store at the mall to get another copy of SL. When I opened the factory sealed package and pulled the disk out, the backside looked like it had been floating around in someone's junk drawer for a couple of years. It worked, but I was less than impressed at what they let pass thru QC.

When SL first came out and I purchased it, I had problems with the disk and finally wound up returning to the Apple store and getting a replacement. The second disk worked fine in a couple of my machines and gave me problems in one. I found that it was important to carefully and thoroughly clean off the disk before inserting it into the Superdrive. I think that the quality of the disks just wasn't (maybe still isn't) all that good and that for this reason some drives balk.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom