Insurance Came Through

Real Name
Mike
I posted a couple weeks ago about some damage to the mount on my 200-500 ( https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/lens-repair.319532/ ). I still don't know how it happened. I called my insurance company yesterday to ask about the coverage on my equipment. They told me to take it to a repair facility or camera shop and get it evaluated. Today I took it to the camera store where it was purchased and talked to the used equipment manager explaining what had happened. He took the lens for a bit and came back with a letter explaining the damage and the cost for replacement. I submitted the insurance claim along with the letter to my agent. After about 10 minutes on the phone with the claims department, they issued a check for replacement. I am totally surprised it was that easy. Now, what to do with the damaged lens....

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I'd suggest getting an estimate from APS. All it would cost you is shipping costs. Might be worth fixing and then selling......with proper disclosures of course.

Real Name
Mike
Great result! They will probably want it for salvage. I'm surprised they haven't mentioned it yet.
I asked if they wanted the lens. They said "No. Dispose of it however you want."
I'd suggest getting an estimate from APS. All it would cost you is shipping costs. Might be worth fixing and then selling......with proper disclosures of course.
I may do that. The shop offered $200 for it. I think that's a bit low, even in the current condition. The lens is fully functional and incredibly sharp. It's just does not lock firmly on the camera body.

Real Name
Carl
Hey, GOOD! A repair, if not too costly, may help recoup some of the new lens cost, orrrr...you have a great back-up lens if the unthinkable happens again!

I asked if they wanted the lens. They said "No. Dispose of it however you want."
I may do that. The shop offered $200 for it. I think that's a bit low, even in the current condition. The lens is fully functional and incredibly sharp. It's just does not lock firmly on the camera body.
!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom