Insurance is a good thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt S, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Well the results are in. My repair estimate on the D70 was over 600 dollars so the insurance company has agreed to replace the camera. Looks like I get to play with the D70s in a few days. I am so glad I insured that thing. If you havent already I urge you all to do so yourselves.

2. Personal articles policy?

3. You are correct. So far I am pleased with the way they have handled it. FYI I use State Farm.

4. I'm particularly glad to hear that, Matt, since my policy is with State Farm too 8).

5. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    It's worth the relatively few dollars it cost each year.

My D70 and kit lens were in a fanny pack when I slid on a steep slope. Both the lens and camera were broken, and the insurance paid for the more than $500 repair without question. A great investment.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have all risk ins on all of my camera gear

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great to hear the small investment I make on this insurance each year is worth it! Glad to hear your experience was positive on the claim processing.

8. I just insured all my gear with Rand insurance on a members deal thru NANPA. It covers everything except "mysterious dissapearance".

9. Great to hear a great experience.
    My stuff is insured with State Farm also so I'm particularly pleased to hear of this.
    Cheap for huge peace of mind.