1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Insurance paid my claim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitchell, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Wooo Hooo!!!

Just got a check from my insurance company for my claim after the theft of my D2X, 28-70mm, and 300mmVR. I've since replaced all of my stolen equipment, but it is sure nice to know that I was covered through my professional insurance policy since I purchase my camera equipment through my business.

Thanks for all of the support from everyone here after my theft. Unfortunately, the gear never surfaced.

2. Good for you! Must have been a relief to get some of that cash back!!!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congratulations Mitch, glad to hear that your insurance carrier took good care of you. Now don't let your new gear out of your sights.

4. Marcos

Marcos

Nov 20, 2005
    FL, USA.
    Good!!

Congratulations Mitchell!!

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great news, Mitchell! Congrats on your victory with the insurance company!

6. Great news!

7. Mitchell,

That is fantastic to hear, congrats!! :smile:

8. Awesome news - what a relief! Which company, if you don't mind me asking?

Sean

9. Travelers.

We've used them for years for my business insurance. They cover my 8 office locations including all of our equipment (big dollars) and buildings. This was probably a small claim for our policy, but it meant a lot to me.

10. Frank, here is a photo of my new theft protection system. Wherever I go, Samantha keeps one hand on my pack with all of my gear. Nobody in their right mind would mess with her! Notice the fierce look!

[​IMG]

11. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    That is good news.

12. She is intimidating for sure.

13. Mitch, that will work cause we know for sure that dad is not going to take his eye off of that precious bundle of joy. She is certainly a cutie pie.
    Glad to hear that you recovered your loss.

14. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Good news, Mitch!!

15. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    That is great news Mitchell.
    If I remember correctly, Your car was broken into at a little league game?
    what is the matter with people? Anyway, glad to hear you got your money.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  16. Good for you Mitchell! Finally a good insurance outcome.

Anthony

17. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Great deal Mitchell. Your daughter is a real spitfire! I wouldn't mess with her!!! Cute, very cute... :Love:

18. Excellent news, Mitch! Great that the insurance company actually followed through! I, too, have Traveler's (the blanket policy covering my gear) so this is reassuring to hear.

That little watchdog in pink will be just the perfect deterrent to any future thieves! LOL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.