Interest in Bronx Zoo ??

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by JerseyJay, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Possible attendees:

• jerseyjay - Jay
    • The Clam – Larry
    • RKnecht – Rich
    • GenoP754 – Geno
    • BostonRott – Gretchen
    • jryoung1947
    • Chris Kelleher
    • Tosh - Glenn
    • Peter G - Peter
    • Donzo98 - Don
    • GoGo - Giorgio

----------
    Hello All,

Wondering if there is any interest in Bronx Zoo get-together. This is what you can do with decent setup:

monkey.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  2. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Jay, the second one is most adorable.

3. I'd be up for it. It's always a fun place to shoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How about some of the other locals? Tosh? Gogo? Carroll? Ken? Donzo?

4. Hmmm...maybe in the fall when it gets a bit cooler? I may be up for a road trip up there. I recently went to the Philly zoo, but most of the big cats were sleeping. Are the animals that active in this recent heat we have been having in the East?

5. Rich,

I was thinking about September or so. I have done June and September in the past and was pleased with animal activity. I posted this to see if there was any interest from folks in NY/NJ/PA area.

6. Sounds like a plan. I talked to a guy I work with (Nikon shooter also) and he may be up for a fall trip. Other than the weekend of September 14-16th, my calendar looks clear so far.

7. I haven't been there in a while, and September sounds good.....

GenoP

From the Bronx Zoo also:

Nikon D70 ,Nikkor 300mm f/4 ED-IF AF-S
    1/1000s f/4.5 at 300.0mm

8. Rich,

Excellent ! I will start getting logistics out of the way in the middle of august.

9. Geno,

How are you my friend. Yep, september should have a good weather. I'm thinking about renting 400mm once again (*picture above taken w/ 400) to get "up close and personal."

PS. I see a lot of movement in lens choices in your case, huh :) ?

10. Just went through some changes in the low end walk around stuff.....other than that I have decided to sell the 17-55, and keep the 17-35......Looking forward to a FF body.......:smile:

Also was able to acquire my 105DC back from Doug, which may come in handy down the road; should have never sold it in the first place.

GenoP

11. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Jay, both shots are great but I just love the first one, really neat capture!

12. Stephanie,

I'm glad you enjoyed them ! Here are few more threads with more photographs from that same session:

PART 1
    PART 2
    PART 3

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  13. Wow, these are awesome!!!

Does the Bronx zoo have good parking? Or is it better to travel via mass transit?

I might be interested in a sprint down there! :smile:

14. Glad you enjoed them !

Last couple of times I was there, parking was $8 and there was more then enough space when I came at 9am.

Parking: $8
    Tickets: Regular - $12.00 + $$ for additional exhibits
    Tickets: All-In-One - $21.00

Directions to the Zoo: http://bronxzoo.com/bz-directions_to_the_zoo
    Bronx Zoo Map: http://bronxzoo.com/media/file/Bronx ZooMapW20044.pdf

I'm sure there is an option via mass transit. Check out this link:
    http://bronxzoo.com/bz-directions_to_the_zoo

15. Thank you Jay!

When you set a date, be sure to post it. I'd love to try to make it down. :smile:

16. I am game to go any time other than the first week of September. The Botanical Gardens are next door too.

17. Sept. 22 is out for me. Other weekend days ok so far. If anyone is up for it, some of the best Italian food in NY is just a few blocks from the zoo on Arthur Avenue. Maybe a bite at Dominick's after we shoot?

18. This looks like it would be a lot of fun, I'd like to try to make it out for this.

19. There are some things to shoot besides the usual furry and feathered creatures.

[​IMG]

It sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
    Saturdays work best for me, but go with the majority.

20. Tosh,

It will definitely be Saturday.

I agree ! Butterfly exhibit is something that we will definitely visit !

butterfly.

butterfly2.