interesting pose

Discussion in 'Birds' started by warren, Sep 9, 2005.

1. not the best lighting but i thought the pose was interesting.

[​IMG]

2. Actually the lighting is fine, it is just underexposed. That is an interesting pose and not one I have seen before.

3. you are right that shot was underexposed. thanks

4. I just saw a similar pose last week. The first few pics in This Gallery have a goose doing a similar stretch (or whatever). It was the first time I had ever seen them do that.

Try a little D-Lighting on your pic. I bet that would bring up the highlights quite well. Under exposing on something that white and textured can usually see a benefit from D-Lighting. (In Nikon Capture. Use the "Better Quality" option.)

5. i figured it was some type of scratching. i am not sure if that is typical behavior for them.

6. I took the liberty of running two of your images through Nikon Capture D-Lighting and added some color and USM. Hope you don't mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D-Lighting isn't something to rely on, but it is a good tool for saving under exposed images.

Focus on the eyes (or head/bill, etc.) and try to get a bit more DOF. This is not easy to do - trust me! Some of the guys here make it look easy, and it may be easy for some of them. But for a lot of us, it's a lot like work!

You have some fine subjects here.

7. i like them much better. i do not always have the patience to run PS. thanks