1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

interesting pose

Discussion in 'Birds' started by warren, Sep 9, 2005.

1. not the best lighting but i thought the pose was interesting.

[​IMG]

2. Actually the lighting is fine, it is just underexposed. That is an interesting pose and not one I have seen before.

3. you are right that shot was underexposed. thanks

4. I just saw a similar pose last week. The first few pics in This Gallery have a goose doing a similar stretch (or whatever). It was the first time I had ever seen them do that.

Try a little D-Lighting on your pic. I bet that would bring up the highlights quite well. Under exposing on something that white and textured can usually see a benefit from D-Lighting. (In Nikon Capture. Use the "Better Quality" option.)

5. i figured it was some type of scratching. i am not sure if that is typical behavior for them.

6. I took the liberty of running two of your images through Nikon Capture D-Lighting and added some color and USM. Hope you don't mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D-Lighting isn't something to rely on, but it is a good tool for saving under exposed images.

Focus on the eyes (or head/bill, etc.) and try to get a bit more DOF. This is not easy to do - trust me! Some of the guys here make it look easy, and it may be easy for some of them. But for a lot of us, it's a lot like work!

You have some fine subjects here.

7. i like them much better. i do not always have the patience to run PS. thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.