1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Interesting read about shooting boxing with film

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pbe gummi bear, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Hey all,

I am trying to get tickets to the next Pacquiao-Cotto fight and I stumbled upon this great article about a photgrapher shooting the Ali-Frazier fight in the Philippines. Very exciting to read.

My favorite excerpt from it:

The persistent roar of the crowd and the clatter of motor drives had a numbing effect. I lost all sense of time. Reacting more reflexively, it still took me an eternity to reload. Through several attacks, retreats, feints, and clinches, I watched for their faces, tripping the shutter when they charged for my corner

and the link:

http://www.jpgmag.com/stories/3522

2. Chad

Chad

Jan 25, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Great article. I'm glad the author didn't skimp on photography speak. For some reason, photojournalism during the film days is much more exciting to me.

~Chad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.