Interesting retouching tutorials

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Kevin Scott, Sep 14, 2005.

1. I stumbled across this website today that contains a number of tutorials for Photoshop users. I was mostly interested in the facial retouching tutorials, which are quite good, btw, but they have other types as well. It certainly might be worth your while, if you're so inclined. :wink:

Photoshop Tutorial

2. Thx for posting.

I read through it and for me it is good info. Photoshop (and other editors) are quite powerful if you know how to use them. I am still learning. I will follow this tutorial with one of my portrait pics and see what I end up with.

3. Thanks Kevin an excellent tutorial. The change in the shape of the eyebrows made a big difference. The after image is a much more attractive young lady.

4. Glad you found some merit to the tuts! I was particularly interested in the facial makeover. I'm always looking for new techniques or variations in the way to accomplish a task. Though his retouch was rather extreme, it provided me with a number of options to consider when retouching portraits.

I also would like to go back and visit some of the other tutorials, like the glass looking things or water drops. I've played around with some before and they're a lot of fun.

5. Hi Kevin,

How are you? Still hot in Florida?.

Thanks for the link. I quickly read through the article and it's very interesting. I will try on my little girl portait taken on the last vacation.

6. Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I saw several things on the site that will help me.

7. This is an excellent retouching tutorial, well written, good graphics.
    If you really want to get into it, Katrin Eismann makes an excellent book on this very subject, Photoshop Restoration and Retouching. Shows ways to take off 10 lbs and 10 years off anyone's face.
    I just want to know how to apply it in real life!!!???

8. Thanks for the tip Sandi, I just used a gift certificate to buy Katrin Eismann's book.

9. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the link Kevin, just bough a 85mm 1.4 just for portrait ( try to impress my wife and make her happy :biggrin: ) and still have a lot to learn

Ben

10. Sandi,

I am going to finally buy Katrins book and I want a book on channels if anyone knows of a good one. Scott Kelbys won't be out until after New Years. Too long for me to wait.

Thanks for any help,