Interesting wildflowers on today's hike

#1 Polygala

_D6H2817-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Wild geranium

_D6H2819-XL.jpg

#3 Showy Orchis

_D6H2825-XL.jpg

#4 Long-spurred violet

_D6H2832-XL.jpg

All photos with D600 and 28-105 AF-D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Mike
Must have been a purple kind of day! Nice job Jim. Definitely some interesting specimens. The only one I'm familiar with is the geranium.

Must have been a purple kind of day! Nice job Jim. Definitely some interesting specimens. The only one I'm familiar with is the geranium.

Thanks, Mike. Yes, I noticed that they are all very similar in color, though I did photograph one yellow flower that didn't make the cut.

I was familiar with all but the long-spurred violet. I probably have seen some before but didn't notice until my wife pointed them out. :redface:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice work! I've not seen the Polygala before. And if I passed a long-spurred violet, I didn't know it!

I always enjoy your image!

Real Name
Dan
Interesting collection. Geraniums are prolific around here.... or will be in a couple months :frown:

Like that Long-spurred violet, all shots well done...! :smile:

Thanks, William. I don't recall having seen a long-spurred violet before yesterday.

Interesting collection. Geraniums are prolific around here.... or will be in a couple months :frown:

Thanks, Dan. I have some photos of wild geraniums from Alaska, also.

Excellent set, Jim.:cool:

I didn't think that the showy orchids were up this early [my last find was in late July] -- now you're forcing me to do a little hunting today:wink:

Well maybe they are later up there! Glad to hear you are out and about again, Bob. (By the way, it's orchis.)

Great set Jim! I really like the flower in the first shot, and you achieved a great 3d effect in the second.

Thanks, Chad. Any 3-D effect is strictly fortuitous, I assure you. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom