Interesting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EdMac, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Post may be locked

If the post is locked, here is an excerpt :) :) :)

Date: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:54 pm
    Subject: New Secret Nikon Forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about immaturity, but there is a secret new Nikon forum that
    has been created by some DPR members and they do not seem to want
    others to know. How stuck up can you get. Shame on them !

check it out at

https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/index.php

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Ed,

Mike Mac had already alerted us a few minutes ago. I'm not sure what they mean by 'secret', although the immature applies I guess, since we are only a little over a month old.... :? 8) :wink:

Why do some folks view everything with suspicion instead of welcome new ideas and opportunities with a positive attitude?

Sort of reminds you of why the Café was created, huh??

Regards,

Frank

3. Something as good as the Cafe will inevitably create "a stir" (couldn't help myself :) ) amongst people once word gets around. It's very natural.

Methinks that we're probably soon to see a wave of new folks joining (despite our immature, super-secret status LOL :) ), and I hope the growing pains aren't too high.

Frank and Patrick: there are lots of folks here who are probably willing to help in some way when the time comes that it's needed. The two of you have lives outside of the Cafe and the last thing needed is for this site to become too much of a burden. Keep that in mind!

4. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Big secret

Heck,

I just mentioned this place at DPR yesterday in response to someone's request for more civil forums.

Tom

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Big secret

AHA :!: :!:

So it's all your fault Tom.... :D 8) :wink: :p

Frank

6. Someone should email him, and say the spot for @ssholes was already filled, so we cant allow him to join. Blame me. :D

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Now Harris, I wouldn't go that far.... :wink:

More peccadillo than @sshole.... :lol: :lol:

8. Don't get your feathers ruffled Harris

It may simply be a case where the guy is jealous that he has not been asked to join the Cafe. He just joined the NJ, PA Nikon Shooters yesterday, although he is obviously a member of DP Review. We will see what kind of resonses he gets. :lol:

9. You can see my long reply in the other thread on this, but I personally think that mentioning this forum on DPR is a VERY BAD IDEA! The jackasses there are what we are trying to get away from. Making note of this forum there is like dangling a fat juicy worm in front of a huge hungry Bass. I fear that many of the Trolls will see this as a challenge now.

10. ps. Secret? And the jerk posted a link to the forum? I guess that is the epitome of "Hide in Plain Sight?". I don't want the guy here simply because he is obviously, well, everything I can think of is too impolite to type.