1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Internal Battery? Failure?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by TexIndian, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Due to some health issues, my D2X has been sitting in the gun safe for a year now without being used. When it went into the safe, it had a charged factory battery in it which I pulled out a few months later. Now that I am ready to go again, I put in a fresh battery and I find that the camera has lost all information I had ever entered - like a 2-button reset but worse. I lost the frame counter, the time/date, all custom settings, etc. It seems to work just fine now, but I'll have to spend a few hours going back through all the menus again.:frown:

What went wrong here? Should I have left the battery in the camera. Isn't there an internal battery, or did I just run it dead? And ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  2. jaymc

jaymc Guest

No, it was a good thing to take out the battery for storage (page iv-v) Do you see a 'clock icon' on the top LCD? (page 19 of the manual), you may need to check if this battery is corroded or something.

- Jay

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.