Internal battey not displaying with MB-D10 with 1.03 FW

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by azarby, Jul 1, 2008.

1. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    I updated the firmware today to see what they updated. While going through the menu, I did a battery check. The battery in the MB-D10 registered at 97% and the internal battery didn't even register, just as if it wasn't installed. Powered off and on a couple of times with no change. I removed the MB-D10 and the internal battery now appears and registers 77%. I didn't even open the camera and touch the internal battery. I reinstalled the MB-D10 and both batteries now register correctly. I had this same problem a couple of times before and had sent the camera to Nikon to fix, but apparently the cleaning and adjusting of the MB-d10 didn't do much good. The contacts should be in good shape as I just recently used De-Oxit on them. Going on a 10 day cruise to Alaska in a week and a half, so there is no time to send it to El Segundo. Come on Nikon, time to get your act together.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  2. MRIMATT63

MRIMATT63

Jan 27, 2008
    Allen, TX
    Mine too !

Funny, I did not notice this earlier but i just checked and the same thing happened to me. What is wierd is that I have never experienced this problem before. I wonder if it has to do with the firmware update I performed this evening. It should not but i wonder if you perform an upgrade with grip attached if there needs to be a reset ..by removing and replacing grip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  3. Gary Mayo

Gary Mayo Guest

I did mine with the internal battery as the grip battery was at 51% and would not let me install the firmware. I removed the grip battery and did the install.

4. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az

P.S. The firmware update from 1.02 to 1.03 was installed just before I checked the battery levels.

Bob

5. DoJC

DoJC

Feb 14, 2008
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Do you have an EL3e in the grip?

6. MRIMATT63

MRIMATT63

Jan 27, 2008
    Allen, TX
    I also just updated to the 1.03 firmware and I did have an EN-EL3e in the grip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  7. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
  8. I've completed the 1.03 AB updates..
    my first attempt on updates was not complete. I dumped them both in and clicked update
    it only did A. So I updated one at a time. loaded A and updated, shut off camera after complete
    and then formated card. Then update B, same process

Just checked the batteries
    enel3 in camera and enel3 in grip both rgistered

9. rampal

rampal

May 4, 2008
    @Newbury, UK
    I just updated. While on the beginning the camera battery was correctly detected, after turning it off and on again, it dissapeared. I had to took the grip battery away and in again to restore the system to its previous state.

I sometimes do a check of the changing from grip to body battery by just taking the grip battery out while on play mode. It works fine, it is working fin with the 70-200 also. Also took a picture and it works. I also hot plug the battery and it worked fine.

Hope to not get that glitch again...

10. I did the upgrade to both "A" & "B", after the upgrade the battery in the grip was missing. I removed the grip, and the battery came back......Maybe we should name it the "MISSING BATTERY SYNDROME" I kinda felt left out of the DBS :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.