International Wildbird Photographic Competition. First Prize

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Dec 30, 2005.

1. At long last I can tell you something that I have known since November.

Do you remember this:-
    posted by Dave Rosser on 5th. August 2005 and my answer of
    Well I have won 1st Prize in the Creative Digital Catagory. I am in some very illustrious company like Andy Rouse-Jari Peltomaki from Finland and Bence Mate from Hungary. There were over 6000 entries in all, so I am very pleased to have done so well. My prize is £700 ($1200) of Olympus Equipment, which I think is the E500 and 2 lenses but this has yet to be confirmed. Not sure what to do with it as yet. I will probably advertise it on ebay and buy something else, but that remains to be seen.

I had hoped to send you the link to all the pictures, but it does not seem to be available at the moment. This is a great shame as I think that the judges got the best picture and top prize of £1500, ( $2600) wrong. Still that is only my opinion.

The 3 images below are, in part, how I arrived at the final image that was entitled. 'Magpie at Warp Factor 10.'

Original Image
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Very heavy crop.
    [​IMG]

Processed through Photoshop CS with such applications as 'Poster Edges- Radial Blur etc.
    [​IMG]

Whose a clever boy then? The annoying thing is that I have forgotten one of the applications that I used and I have not been able to reproduce it again That the problem with being a genius. One good idea, and that is your lot for the rest of your life!!

Happy New Year. Bob F.

2. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Congratulations Bob, great news!

3. Congrats, Bob!!! I remember that pic well but I did not know that you are into digital abuse as well :biggrin: .

I was dissappointed, too, when I looked at this year's winning pics of the "Wildlife Photographer of the Year". Particularly the macro winning pic (or was it just honorable mention?) just looks like an average grasshopper shot. Well it is not bad but really stays behind the winners of the other categories.

Cheers

4. wonderful news Bob. very creative and well worked creation.
    Congratulations!
    Dave

5. Congrats Bob, It is indeed great news to hear.

God Bless,
    David

6. Conratulations Bob, at least you had that one good idea better than most! :)

Really awesome job, you deserve it and kudos again!!!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bob this is fantastic news...

I am very happy for you. Good job.

8. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Great news. I especially liked the part were a Nikon guy wins an Olympus camera...

Congradulations!

9. Wow Congratulations Bob, that is great news and a fabulous shot!

10. Glad I posted that link. Congrats, its a great picture.

11. Great news, Bob. Congratulations!

12. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Congratulations Bob, a very different 'take' on the Magpie, and glad to see you are computerable again.

13. Wonderful news Bob! and such an intriguing picture!