1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

internet audio?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Allan, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I listen to a few radio shows on stations that broadcast on the internet. Is there a way to save the audio to disk for times when I am not by a radio when they are on?

2. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Yes, there are a few audio applications designed to do what you are wanting to accomplish. Features and cost varies. Best place to start is www.versiontracker.com and make sure you are searching in Mac OS X - do a search for audio and do some poking and prodding. Most of the options will be shareware that you can try on for size to see if they do what you want, in a way that makes sense to you.

Audio HiJack Pro is one that I have and like and I think it will do what you are looking for, but I know there are others. WireTap comes to mind . . .

3. I've used freecorder a couple of times, and the results were quite good.

Sean

4. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    Keep in mind that recording a broadcast internet stream is most likely illegal due to DRM used on the stream. Circumventing DRM is illegal per the DMCA regardless of how you're using it.

Just throwing that out there. To stay legal, check the site and see if they use any encryption on the stream. If they don't you're more than welcome to record it for later listening.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.