Internet backbone issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Anyone having issues getting to sites in US or know specifically what is going on?

I seem to have a major issue getting from Knoxville, TN to California based sites, including ReallyRightStuff.com.

Can some of you on different paths get to reallyrightstuff.com? Just looking for some validation that others in alternate locations can get to them for example, and even confirmation that others near my TN location can't.

Thanks

2. No problem from Houston, TX.

New web sight it seems, mind you it has been a couple of months since I was last there...

3. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Doug,

I was unable to reach RRS yesterday by their online ordering system, so I called them, instead. They apologized for the website / online ordering system, which is undergoing a major transformation. According to RRS, it was down yesterday.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    ok, try www.htguide.com

Since Gonzo can get there today and I can't, that's partial confirmation.

5. PossumCorner

PossumCorner Guest

Seems alright - arrived here from Australia okay, just tried reallyrightstuff they are fine, so is Smugmug (using Firefox).

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Doug, no problem getting through to them this morning from ChiTown.

7. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Instant access

I received instant access to HTGuide thru the link you gave from Omaha, Nebraska.

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    htguide loads fast, looks good.

9. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    well, RRS worked then. So, maybe I got other issues here.

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks, at least I now know it's either my problem here, perhaps on my network, or a section of the backbone out of my control.

Thanks a lot! Confirmed!

11. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Have you tried just doing a couple of pings and a trace route? That'll let you know your path and where it's getting bogged down.