Intervalometer on D6

I've been out doing various night time shooting, and this often boils down to:
1) Set up things
2) Shoot lots of frames
3) Bingo

But, in trying to make the second step more easy to deal with, I tried using the D6's intervalometer. This resulted in a lot of head scratching and troubleshooting, and either I'm misunderstanding this, or something is buggy.

What I want to accomplish: "I've dialled in the camera, just take N frames consecutively and that is it."
What happens: "I've dialled in the camera, go into the interval setup, tell it to take N frames and after one or two frames it stops."

What I'm suspecting is happening: If you tell it to shoot N frames in 1 series and at interval of M seconds, if you haven't calculated the total length of all the actions per frame and it runs over the M seconds it will just stop the shooting.

I've read the documentation, and I can't see that this is what is the expected behaviour, but have I missed something?

I know the D6 audience in here is somewhat limited (hi, both of you), but at least I've asked. All I want is automated the task of getting N exposures done consecutively. It shouldn't be magic in 2020. I think.

-A

I've been out doing various night time shooting, and this often boils down to:
1) Set up things
2) Shoot lots of frames
3) Bingo

But, in trying to make the second step more easy to deal with, I tried using the D6's intervalometer. This resulted in a lot of head scratching and troubleshooting, and either I'm misunderstanding this, or something is buggy.

What I want to accomplish: "I've dialled in the camera, just take N frames consecutively and that is it."
What happens: "I've dialled in the camera, go into the interval setup, tell it to take N frames and after one or two frames it stops."

What I'm suspecting is happening: If you tell it to shoot N frames in 1 series and at interval of M seconds, if you haven't calculated the total length of all the actions per frame and it runs over the M seconds it will just stop the shooting.

I've read the documentation, and I can't see that this is what is the expected behaviour, but have I missed something?

I know the D6 audience in here is somewhat limited (hi, both of you), but at least I've asked. All I want is automated the task of getting N exposures done consecutively. It shouldn't be magic in 2020. I think.

-A
Sorry, haven't had occasion to try this feature. Curious if you have any feedback.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom