1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Into the Storm

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Baywing, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I was working on this composite last fall and the whole while was thinking of a friend I had known at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome for the past 30+ years. He had been diagnosed with stomach cancer and the outcome was certain. When an aviator dies, they are said to have gone West. The base photo was taken facing west, so the Aerodrome's Spirit of St Louis replica was headed west, through the storm but you can clearly see smoother skies coming. It seemed like a metaphor for his struggles, stormy skies but death would bring calm and peace. A few days later, I learned of his passing......on the day and near the time I was working on this shot. I've dedicated it him, smooth skies and tailwinds, Jim!
    168113635.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Thank you for a wonderful image and the story behind it.............

3. Very nice image and a compelling narrative.

4. Beautiful picture and a beautiful tribute.

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.