"Intruder"

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by italy74, Jul 31, 2008.

1. How to "spoil" a shot.... or to recreate one into a completely different perspective..

(This was the girl shooting with Leica, by the way)
    Nikon F6 - 50 mm - portra 400 VC badly scannered (it even looks a vintage '70's image, isn't it?).. not sure about the shutter time but it should be 1/350s F/5.6
    341777759_EXUCf-X3.jpg

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Can you hook the F6 up to a computer to get the EXIF, just as if it had been a digital picture?

3. BobW

BobW

Mar 10, 2008
    Illinois
    You can use the MV-1 data reader and download the data for each roll to a CF card and then bring the data into an excel spreadsheet. Not as easy as a digital camera but it does work.

Bob

4. No, it's much easier... I can just look at the onboard memory... to get the exact shooting data... I have just to understand which frame is.

Frame 32... my F6 recorded 1/250 F/4

This one is a really nice and helpful F6 feature

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    F5 does something similar, but from what I understand, it takes some esoteric and difficult to use software. I have decided that I don't much care what the shutter speed, etc. is, as long as it was the correct one to expose the film to my liking.

6. Conversely, it helps me quite a lot, especially when building my private model book where almost all shots were slides. When I chose a few shots I could always know which kind of exposure I used and this gave me the possibility to learn from my own work.
    F6 can record up to about 60 whole film rolls of 36 frames each. This is a great trackback history mean. I have just to remember in which date / time I shot that roll and it's done.
    Actually, I love much more the F6 than the D200, despite the (for sure) ease of use that this latest one gives because of digital. As you know, Chris, I'm waiting for the end of the year to see what comes out but it's almost sure that within 12 months I could get a film RF, unless a stunning DRF comes out.

7. fascinating thread
    i like this image very much

8. BobW

BobW

Mar 10, 2008
    Illinois
    You can view the data on the camera but the MV-1 will allow you to archive the data for all of you rolls of film. The MV-1 will work on the F5 and the F100 also. You have different amounts of data available for the these cameras partly based on which back you have on the camera.

Bob

9. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice shot Dino, so much going on in this scene.

How do you like Porta 400vc?

10. Hi Robert
    I prefer Portra 400VC when outside because of the more vivid colours, but I wouldn't advice you to use for portraits in inner if the wall / ceiling you're bouncing your flash is just different from white.... There (and for "formals") Portra 400 NC is better.

11. Consider yourself a lucky person. I forgot when was the last time I saw a photographer shooting with a Leica.
    I like the picture. Perhaps it is a little contrastier than I like but still looks good.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

12. Thanks guys... as I told you maybe the intruder can be considered a plus here...