1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Inukshuk near Abbot Ridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by wings, Oct 3, 2008.

1. I'd like some suggestions on this shot:

_DSC2234.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In hindsight, perhaps I should have done this as an HDR shot. However, due to the very large DR, I had to pull a lot of details out of the shadows post-processing, and as a result I think it caused some of the shrubbery to look ... well, kind of shiny. I find it distracting, but I'm not sure what I could have done differently.

2. It's a beautiful scene, with interesting composition. Did you shoot it in RAW? If so, you can "develop" one jpeg for shadows and one for highlights and combine them in Photoshop CS3 using the HDR option.

3. That's a good point.

Normally, I don't like to do that because I find it creates a lot of noise. However, in this case, perhaps that is the way to go.

I will give it a try. Thanks!

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice composition. Perhaps just my monitor but I see a slight green color cast.

5. If you are referring to the slightly green rock on which the inukshuk stands, it was slightly green due to the small patches on moss on it. If you see a colour cast elsewhere, please let me know.

I've been playing around with doing an HDR image, but it's just not giving me the results I was hoping for.

Thanks for looking.

6. good

-good detail and contrast
    -nice color saturation
    -comp is very good
    -exposure is right on

nit

-none

http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com

Take care Dwayne Oakes

7. Beautiful shot. Now that RFC mentions it, there may be a very,very slight green cast over all [or maybe it's my monitor, too]. My monitor is not calibrated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.