Ipad and Amazon movies

I have bought an Ipad for travel so I don't have to take my 17" laptop with me. However, I have purchased some movies through Amazon that are on my laptop and I just learned that Amazon movies are not compatible with the Ipad. I did a search about conversion software and the only ones I can find cost $30. I only need to convert 2 movies and really don't want to pay $30 to do that. Does anyone know of a freeware converter?

Using Handbrake, I was able to convert the movies to mp4, but I cannot get them in to iTunes. I've done some searching online and this seems to be a common problem. Still working on it!

Using Handbrake, I was able to convert the movies to mp4, but I cannot get them in to iTunes. I've done some searching online and this seems to be a common problem. Still working on it!

in handbrake you must set the right column choice to ipad, then after it is converted open itunes, select movies, drag file into movies, attach ipad, in movies select movie just added, sync, it should be on your ipad.

What sort of problem do you have getting the movies into iTunes? Does "Add to Library" fail and, if so, is there an error message?

"add to library" does not work. I select my file and it just does nothing. No error message is just does nothing.

in handbrake you must set the right column choice to ipad, then after it is converted open itunes, select movies, drag file into movies, attach ipad, in movies select movie just added, sync, it should be on your ipad.

I selected the ipad option in handbrake.

I tried the drag and drop also and that did not work. No error, just nothing copies over.

I'm going to uninstall handbrake and then reinstall, make sure itunes is up to date, delete the movies I've converted and start over.

Additional info: because these are Amazon movies, they have the Amazon DRM. Does Handbrake strip this or do I need to figure out how the strip the DRM first and then convert?

Well, I'll give some follow-up to this in case it will help someone else. I did end up purchasing software from Aimersoft. It does work very well. I just could not find freeware that dealt with the proprietary Amazon format. As a disclaimer, this is only for movies that I have purchased, not rented or borrowed movies. I order a lot of stuff through Amazon and they often give perks of purchasing movies for a significant discount so I figured over time I will use the software enough to justify the $30.

Latest threads

Top Bottom