1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

IPAD Mini 4 $249 at BestBuy

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Randy, Nov 24, 2018.

1. $150 off, lowest price I've ever seen. I got 1 in June for $299 and love it

2. Thanks for posting, just ordered one to upgrade the original iPad mini 1 that I had.

3. You’ll be surprised by the LCD, great for photos

I just got an iPhone XS for $1200 vs $249 for a mini

4. I saw something that reported that one had the best screen.

5. I ordered it, now I have to figure out how to move everything from my iPad1 to the new ipad4. I'm not an apple person, so much of it (Apple) confuses me. They don't work like normal computers.

6. Back it up, and do a restore, I did mine using ITunes (not my favorite piece of SW, but it did work). The setup procedure will tell you what to do, it did on the 12.9 inch one I just got given to me.

7. go to settings and make sure iCloud backup is set ON. When you get the new one logon with the same apple ID and it will restore automatically. Windows is way worse (Call me if you need help)

8. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    This was quite some time ago. The screen is good, and reasonably accurate, but has been surpassed by the newer iPad pros. I picked up this model for my wife at last year's Black Friday sale for $275. She had the prior model and really liked the size. I am not sure if this model is going to go away, but it has been some time since Apple updated it. It is a good buy if you need that form factor, but otherwise the newest iPad 9.7" is generally a better model.

--Ken

9. this is mostly about size and more than enough res (2048-by-1536) for pic viewing. Processing needs are minimal. I really like mine for watching movies on a long flight with Bose noise reduction headphones.....ahhhh…..

10. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I understand. I have worked with iPads, tablets and convertibles of all sizes and some tasks are best served by a certain sized device. Having said that, Apple has certainly slimmed down their standard 9.7" iPad from the days of the iPad2. Like many laptops, they have reduced the side bezels and made for a much slimmer device. For some models, this makes a huge difference. And in the case of the new iPad Pro, they crammed 11" into what was previously a 10.5" space. It does not sound like a lot until you compare all of the devices, new and old, with each other. I was surprised how small the older 10.5" model was in comparison to the 9.7". Now there is even more screen in the same amount of space.

--Ken

11. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Best Buy has the Mini back on sale for $249 until Monday night if anybody is interested.

--Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.