iPad question.....

Greetings all:

I have a question that I cannot get my head around or find a work around for....

When I upload images from my camera, I would like the ability to email some images back home. That being the case, I don't want them to be sent in full size and I cannot figure out how to reduce the size in anyway.

Now if I take an image from my "saved file" in the photo section of the iPad, I will get an image size to the right of the Cc/Bcc in my mail. In that case, I can click on the image size and I have options on the size to send.
Yet on the image that I downloaded from my camera (in my "imported" file) I o longer get that option.

Now as a work around, I could pull my imported image up on the screen and take a screenshot of the image and then it will be saved in my saved file and now I have the ability to adjust the size. this is a possible work around just not a very good one.

Anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks

Doug

Home: Columbia, MD, USA; Present: Bogota, Colombia
It sounds like you need an app for that. :smile:

I did a quick search in the app store for "photo resize" and found 12 apps for the iPad. I didn't read descriptions but a couple were $.99.

OK I had to look more. One of them iResize looks like it will interface with the Mail App.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks but it looks like these app's have the ability to crop an image along with a bunch of other functions like effects etc.

In my case, I don't want the ability to adjust the image at all... I just want to reduce (or compress it) before I mail it so i'm not dealing with a full sized file.

Cheers
Doug

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom