iPad question.....

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Doug Barber, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Greetings all:

I have a question that I cannot get my head around or find a work around for....

When I upload images from my camera, I would like the ability to email some images back home. That being the case, I don't want them to be sent in full size and I cannot figure out how to reduce the size in anyway.

Now if I take an image from my "saved file" in the photo section of the iPad, I will get an image size to the right of the Cc/Bcc in my mail. In that case, I can click on the image size and I have options on the size to send.
    Yet on the image that I downloaded from my camera (in my "imported" file) I o longer get that option.

Now as a work around, I could pull my imported image up on the screen and take a screenshot of the image and then it will be saved in my saved file and now I have the ability to adjust the size. this is a possible work around just not a very good one.

Anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks

Doug

2. It sounds like you need an app for that. :smile:

I did a quick search in the app store for "photo resize" and found 12 apps for the iPad. I didn't read descriptions but a couple were $.99.

OK I had to look more. One of them iResize looks like it will interface with the Mail App.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  3. Chikubi

Chikubi

Mar 6, 2009
    New Castle, PA
    Get Photogene, it'll do exactly what you need and much more.

4. Thanks but it looks like these app's have the ability to crop an image along with a bunch of other functions like effects etc.

In my case, I don't want the ability to adjust the image at all... I just want to reduce (or compress it) before I mail it so i'm not dealing with a full sized file.

Cheers
    Doug

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.