Ipernity = Flickr Alternative?

Hmmmmm.

"About ipernity"

Your photos are as much a witness to your life and are in a way invaluable. You are now part of the digitalized world and here you are submerged with files which concerning most of them are buried somewhere on your hard drive or are spread here and there on your smartphone or social networks.
We are here to help you on a daily basis as on a long-term one to organize your
thousands of pictures and all your memories to build in time in a unique and secured space your digital heritage.
This heritage you will be able to share it and improve it amongst your close relations around points in common, events and many more. Your space will then become a privileged place to communicate and stay in contact with people whom which you care about especially your family.
Of course you can make public some of your content. We will offer you a nice display case on the world but also means to protect your work.
We have worked hard and given all our passion and knowledge to try and bring to you a high quality service as complete as possible but also making your usage on it simple. It is made to accompany you for a very long time.
Welcome on ipernity!

Photobucket?

And as Ron Scubadiver points out: Wordpress (as amazing as it sounds)

Hmmmmm.

"About ipernity"

Your photos are as much a witness to your life and are in a way invaluable. You are now part of the digitalized world and here you are submerged with files which concerning most of them are buried somewhere on your hard drive or are spread here and there on your smartphone or social networks.
We are here to help you on a daily basis as on a long-term one to organize your
thousands of pictures and all your memories to build in time in a unique and secured space your digital heritage.
This heritage you will be able to share it and improve it amongst your close relations around points in common, events and many more. Your space will then become a privileged place to communicate and stay in contact with people whom which you care about especially your family.
Of course you can make public some of your content. We will offer you a nice display case on the world but also means to protect your work.
We have worked hard and given all our passion and knowledge to try and bring to you a high quality service as complete as possible but also making your usage on it simple. It is made to accompany you for a very long time.
Welcome on ipernity!
That's terrible. I've seen better writting in e-mails from Nigerian princes.

Thanks for the review site information, Isamu. I see now why the writing was so poor. It is a French web site so the person who wrote that "about ipernity" section probably wasn't a native English speaker (nor, it seems, was it reviewed by anyone with better English skills). I browsed through other sections of their site and the writing was much better.

I just opened a free account yesterday, and will see what happens on both sites. So far, it's pretty easy to figure out how to use. It's not as extensive as flickr, but that will change a bit I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
As always, weigh what you want...

Flickr was never intended as a "photo hosting" site in the first place. Personally I like the new look, and I think it's great. I'm just not sure if the transition from old to new should have been handled the way they did, given the position Flickr is in right now. Time will tell.

One thing that Flickr did have though was unmatched reliability. That might be less with another site, especially when it's small. But... you get what you pay for. Keep in mind that any free service, be it Flickr, Facebook or Epernity owes you nothing when it comes to service delivery. What stops them from screwing over paid customers are trigger happy class-action lawyers in need of a second Gulfstream.

I would always recommend getting a paid-for service instead of something free; and when you do get free hosting don't complain about advertising. Photography is not the only business in the world that has a right to fair payment for services delivered! Besides if your images are that precious isn't it worth paying for a premium hosting service?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom