1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

iphone 2.0 firmware is unofficially available

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by vinman, Jul 10, 2008.

1. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
  2. Since this is still unofficial, though, be careful, especially if doing it on a jail-broken iPhone....

Me, I just downloaded and installed the newest version of iTunes (got the notification through Software Update) but am going to hold off on the 2.0 update until it is officially ready. I was hoping that this would be it, so eagerly popped my iPhone into the computer and it just ran the usual sync process and informed me that my iPhone was up to date. Darn!!! I really would like to see the new 2.0 version even before I purchase the new 3G iPhone.

3. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Connie, Not to worry. The link is not official, but the firmware/software IS 2.0. Been running it now for a few hours, and it's FABULOUS!!

The app store, though difficult to find, is FULL of cool stuff. I've already installed a few of the free apps, and even deleted a couple of super cheezy ones ;-)

Anyhow, nothing wrong with waiting either, but I wanted to get it before the onslaught of peeps slowed the servers to a crawl.

4. Gotcha! Yeah, right now MacRumors is crazy -- the iPhone forums and the news forums in particular are just jumping!

I'm going to wait -- I'm not that anxious for 2.0 and I know I'll have it soon enough one way or another anyhow.... It will be fun to explore the Apps store and to add a few goodies to my iPhone! I want a Solitaire game!!

5. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I think it's official now. The app store is up and running well, and slowing down by the minute!!

I've got 6 apps installed and running beautifully already! I have to stop now - I'm eating into my D700/14-24 budget!!

:) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.