1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

iPhone - contacts and calendar events

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Allan, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I presently use Entourage on my Mac. Well, I have used it for quite a while,like it, and don't really want to get involved with Mail and iCalendar.

If I get an iPhone can I get my contact and calendar event information into the iPhone?

If not, can I get my contacts from my verizonwireless phone into iPhone?

2. Yes, the iPhone can sync with Entourage. I don't know how that works since I haven't tried it myself. The contacts that are on your Verizon wireless phone would need to be in your computer in order to sync with the iPhone.

3. I bought am iPhone over the weekend. I created contacts in Address book - just the ones I wanted on the iPhone and ported those over. I exported my Firefox bookmarks and brought them into Safari (which I don't use on the Mac.)
    It was easy for me to do what I wanted not using Address Book or Safari on the Mac.

4. Great! Enjoy your new iPhone! I love :Love: mine!

5. I like it a lot so far but have not done much. I set up email with gmail but the spam is sent to my phone (in a spam folder) so I have to delete that. I wish it never came to the phone.

I have added contacts, music, and ringtones. I have not done anything with photos yet.

6. My GMail accounts are not included in my iPhone because they're all just emails from various Yahoogroups lists to which I belong. After reading on MacRumors about people's experiences with all the spam coming in, too, I was glad that I set my iPhone up the way I did!

For my photos I put a separate folder on my desktop and included my favorite or best images, and that is what I use when doing a sync on the iPhone rather than all my photos. That works for me.....

7. All my jpegs are saved for web in a reduced size by a crop which is not the same as the iPhone. I wonder - do you just put the jpgs in that folder or do you crop to the dimensions of the iPhone screen?

What mail do you have coming to the phone? Right now I have a gmail account which I am using for NH and Mass bird lists so I can get a report of a bird location when I am in the field. I thought of adding more people (like family) with gmail, but do you know of anything better?

8. The email accounts that I include on my iPhone are the ones in which I either receive personal mail (my regular ISP) or notifications from the Cafe. Fortunately I don't receive much spam in either situation!

I don't crop my images any further than they already were -- yes, the ones on my iPhone are jpgs which have been sized for the web. The iPhone software actually handles them very nicely. What's neat is how you can turn the iPhone to view landscape orientation or how you can use your fingers to enlarge a particular image.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.