1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

iPhoto and D300 question

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by PhotogWannabe, Jul 7, 2008.

1. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Hi all. I don't know how much better it can get - Apple computer and D300 love all in the same place. :biggrin:

A question for you... when I plug the USB cord into the D80 it shows up on the desktop and iPhoto automatically starts up and wants to import the pictures. No problem, I always quit and then open the Nikon icon and drag the photos to a folder on the desktop. When I connect the D300 to the USB cable it doesn't show up on the desktop but iPhoto still starts up and wants to import the pictures. Both cameras show up in the source panel on the left side of the iPhoto screen. Any ideas why the D300 won't show up on the Mac desktop?

2. peterparker

peterparker

Jun 2, 2006
    Houston
    Menu > Setup Menu > USB. Set to mass storage.

3. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    What version of the Mac Os you using 1.04 (tiger)?
    Which can cause this issue and are you shooting Raw?

4. Personally I have always found it better to use a card reader rather than the camera itself for transferring images from camera to computer. Less wear on the battery, less chance of glitches screwing up the camera, etc......

5. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Thanks, all. I've reset the menu and will look into a card reader as well.

6. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Take a look at the Verbatim Cameramate Express card Reader. The card contents are in a file on the desktop in a second. You can then xfer that to the computer petty fast. I download 50-80 raws ffom the D300 in under a minute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.