1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

iPhoto won't allow me to transfer photos to desktop - help

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Hockey_Nut, Jul 28, 2008.

1. I was transferring some photos to a desktop folder in order to apply my watermark and all was going fine until the last 60 NEF files were prevented from being transferred. Other NEF and jpgs were transferred, but not a specific batch. Normally, a green + is seen if a particular action is permitted but when I was dragging my photos to the desktop I saw a circle with a line through it. I closed iPhoto & relaunched it ... problem still persists. The only thing I can think of is that the photos in question came off a second Sandisk Extreme III card. It's new but I"ve used it before without any problems. I also checked iPhoto's preferences & did not come across anything that would have locked the photos.

Any suggestions as to what I might have done and how I can fix this? I really don't want to open each file with NX or CS# save them and then move them.

Suggestions???

Thanks,
    Brent

2. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    Do I have this right... you were dragging from iPhoto to the desktop?

have you tried the export feature?

3. Hi. Yes, I was simply dragging them to a folder on the desktop. They are automatically converted to jpg from the RAW files. I've done this so many times in the past and I can't seem to figure out why it happened in the middle of a batch of photos. I'll try the export feature though.

Thanks for your help.

Brent

4. Well, the export feature worked just fine. A more time consuming process but it did work. Thanks for your help.

Take care,
    Brent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.