IR in Central Park

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by alaskahutch, Jun 4, 2007.

1. alaskahutch

alaskahutch

Jun 22, 2006
    Soldotna
    We've been been on vacation this week in Boston and NY so I've taken hundreds of family snap shots and a few scenics when the wife and child let me stop shopping with them. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wow..stunning....

I love the IR effect, makes some colour shots that would be so boring lively!

3. alaskahutch

alaskahutch

Jun 22, 2006
    Soldotna
    ..and two more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. alaskahutch

alaskahutch

Jun 22, 2006
    Soldotna
    It helps a lot of so-so images I think. Here's one of St Patrick's

[​IMG]

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I like your first one and fourth one a LOT! They take normal stuff and abstract it. The fourth one by rendering the grass and people so light, and the first by using an unusual composition. Dirt mounds would look so much like dirt mounds in normal light! But these look so out of place in Manhattan!

6. That church one almost seems magical
    I must get out more and take some like this!

7. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    This is a great series, especially the church. I never get white balance like this when taking IR. I find it interesting. One thing I'm considering doing down the line is getting a used body and having it converted, but the IR would look different than what I'm taking now!

(example: www.dbrim.com/Dock.jpg )

8. Did you do any levels/channel mixer work in Photoshop?

9. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    No. That's why I'm wondering if he did.

10. I'd say definitely. The brown sky is not there but is blue when you do the channel swapping.

11. alaskahutch

alaskahutch

Jun 22, 2006
    Soldotna
    Thanks. Yes, levels and channel mixing in Photoshop. I set the white balance early this year on very green grass under very bright sunshine in California. I have not touched that setting since.

12. First Central Park shot is my fave.
    St. Pat's sure looks good in IR.

Hope you're having fun here on the right coast.

13. Hey Bill, love your shots. I have got to get out with my IR camera again. Thanks for the prod.

14. Great stuff. The first two are outstanding.

15. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    OK

Bill,
    Whats with all the snow?
    Seriously, nice photos! Sorry I missed you Friday you caught me hard at work!