Ireland??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tamplum, Jul 4, 2008.

1. tamplum

tamplum

Feb 15, 2008
    Sacramento
    There are 2, maybe 3 places I want to go before I die.

Ireland being at the very top of my list. The lush green hills, the history and my heritage connected to it. I want to go one day.

Right now, at this moment, my parents are in IRELAND. This is just so not fair. (ok, yes it is fair- they raised 3 kids, and are enjoying each other in their 2nd half of life- they deserve all the vacations they can have. My father was military-Vietnam through Iraq) BUT WHY??? Why my dream vacation???

I keep imagining the photos they might be able to take, the people they can capture on film and I am jealous.

Ok, done complaining. Just needed to get that out of my system. :Curved:

2. What's stopping you from going?

3. Money would be a good answer.. Ireland is GREAT, but it kicks holes in your budget.(even for Europeans)

4. Hi Tamara
    Why not go to Vietnam?? Your father saw the bad side... it has coma a long way an is surely a extremely beautiful place... as is the entire south East Asian area... just a thought
    Take Care

5. i, too, have always wanted to see the beautiful country of Ireland
    i hope to one day

maybe someone will add a few pictures here

6. I too want to see Ireland. I'd love to do a rambling three - four week journey around the countryside. A good friend of mine went and told me about its beauty. I flew over Ireland early in the morning on my way to Greece and I must say - it IS green, VERY green!!!! even from the sky. It's almost like Disneyland colours.

Tamara, maybe you just have to put in the number of years your parents did to truly appreciate the beauty of the country, and the joy of being there. Your turn will come. :smile:

7. Nick7

Nick7

May 12, 2006
    England
    The reason it's green is because it rains so much :p I've been a few times and always got soaked! Lovely place though, and lovely people.

8. That's why they have so many pubs - they're providing shelter from the storm!! :biggrin: They say it rains 75% of the time in Ireland. I guess that makes one appreciate the Irish sunshine even more.

9. Motivation...

197507787_2oPT6-L.jpg

210134190_3MJQf-XL.jpg

..and a chance for a pot o'gold!

268884401_GPPzY-XL.jpg

:smile:

Go for it! Aer Lingus is really inexpensive; and it's only about 6 hours from the east coast.

10. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Ireland would be nice, but after spending three weeks in Scotland with a large group, I would like to go back there with just my wife and grandson.