iris and wildflowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    these iris were taken in our back yard...
    20487215-L.

20487238-L.

20487219-L.

These were taken on an old dirt road near the backwater of the Tennesee River. Patrick and I try and take the boys for a ride in the country at least once a weekend. It was too chilly for the kids to get out, but Patrick and I had fun taking turns getting out to shoot the pretty flowers. This is one of the ones I liked the best...
    20487226-L.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Love them all Leigh, but especially the irises. My grandparents had irises in their yard when I was a kid, and I still just love them. Takes me back a few (OK, a lot of....;-)) years.

Regards,

Frank

3. Nicely taken images Leigh. When I lived in California I always planted Iris' in my flower garden. Yours are pretty, especially the yellow one.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Frank...my grandmother used to plant irises as well...I always thought they remembled orchids (which she grew as well).

Thanks Gordon, I liked the yellow one too...the color was much easier to capture than the purple. For some reason the purple just didn't seem as deep as it did in real life. Any ideas?

5. Leigh these are really nice, I think you will have moreluck with the purple if the light wasn't so intense . Mayeb try a different time fo the day? I might even under expose it a bit and than bring out the color in post. If I talk enough I will convince myself that I know what I am talking about. Thnxs for sharing...

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the input....Yes, they were taken late in the afternoon and the sun was quite harsh. I'll see what I can do in the morning if it isn't raining...unfortunately the forecast looks bleak.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very nice and colorful! That last one really has a great balance of colors.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Leigh,

The 2nd and 3rd are really good. Nice composition and background. Good colors.

Not easy to take the yellow.

The Daisy look well exposed. Just a bit of work on the composition. Bit to much distraction at the top.

That is a beautiful daisy.

Do they grow wild. Surely none here.

Keep up the good work.

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Chris!

Yes, the daisies grow wild around here....ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! I agree about the composition of that one. I tried cropping it, but I just couldn't get it right. But I liked the colors so much I just had to post it. Thanks for the kind words.

11. Very nice shots and wonderful looking flowers. Our flowers are just now blooming around our house because we have so much shade. That just happens to be a disadvantage to having too much shade. :) :)

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Brian. So, if your flowers are blooming, where are the pictures? And you know you can always go to the Huntsville Botanical Garden for nice shots. I'm hoping to get over that direction soon.

13. I promise to get some on the Cafe this week. I will need some help identifying them. :? :? :? :?

We are members of the Botanical Garden.........funny thing is, we have only been there once since we got our membership. The Daniel family will have to make the most of it this year. :D :D :D