Iris

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bubba, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    I always wanted to try my hand at this type of processing. I guess you guys will be the guinea pigs.

The image is a little hot. Unfortunate thing about using a CP during the middle of the day. When I can up on this stand of irises, I was jonesing for Frank's D70 again ;)

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Brandon,

Nice shot. I need to get you or Patrick to show me how to do that.... :lol:

Frank

3. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Frank.

Remind me when we get a few free minutes. It's not difficult but as time consuming as waiting for the grass to grow in January. (at least the method I use is. Patrick may have an easier way)

You create a duplicate layer in PS. Then, using the PEN TOOL, create anchor points around the path of the object or objects you want to pull out. Once you've made the full path, right click on the path and do MAKE SELECTION. Crop that layer leaving only what you want to see colorized. Now, turn the layer off and IMAGE -> ADJUST -> DESATURATE. Turn the new layer back on as your topmost layer and you get what you see above.

4. Brandon, I do the same thing with the nik multimedia Color Pro 2.0 effects. They are ultra simple to use because they automatically create mask and you just paint in the effect where ever you want. If you overshoot in the process you just use the erase function. That way you can experiment with different iterations pretty simply. Works on 16-bit RAW images too.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Virginia! I'll have to check that out

6. WOW Brandon!! Great shot along with the post processing!! :D :D :D :D

7. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks man. I got some shots of my mom's white irises yesterday that turned out really nice. Just got to find time to do some work on them.