Iris

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, May 9, 2005.

1. Dare I post this modest snapshot? I'm a bit intimidated by the professional-looking pictures I see on this forum.

Captured this on my daily walk today:

21651674-L-1.

2. Pa,

The natural spot light in your shot of the Iris really makes it special!! Good shot!! :D :D :D

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I think it's nice. love the spot lighting effect. I think I may have tried to crop about a fourth from the right side and in on the left but keep the left iris. that would have made it a vertical format. But hey, this is good! great eye for the lighting. I would have missed it.

4. Thanks for the kind comments, all. It sure looks better in the Rawshooter viewer (before converting to jpeg). But they all do!

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shot, Pa! All the Iris I get are in flower beds....it's nice to see one in the wild. Keep up the good work.

6. The lighting really makes this iris stand out. Good job.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pa,

Never be intimidated about posting here. How else can we learn and grow if we don't post our shots for constructive feedback. :wink:

I like this shot. I think that I would probably crop it to make the iris a bigger part of the frame, but that's just my opinion. Certainly nothing wrong with it as is.