1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Iris

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Beezle, Apr 3, 2007.

1. The one rescued frame from an RZ67 roll. I am thinking this makes an awesome flower camera. The bellows makes close focusing a snap. Need to try Velvia.

roll18-01-web.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Crop of same showing how much this film and camera captured despite my best efforts to ruin it. This frame was in horrible shape. Spent more than an hour repairing it digitally.

Plus X at 125. Metered with a D200. Flash via Elinchrom BX400 and an XS Chimera soft box.

roll18-01-crop-web.jpg

2. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    BW flower images look great. especially with a black background. beautiful shot.

3. Thanks Josef.

Still a crying shame I messed up though. I would say the best shot of the roll was one of those completely destroyed.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Whoa! That's one nice flower! It's a graceful composition, and the trifold symmetry is complex. I like that.

5. Lovely - I'm astonished by the level of detail in the petals, great work.

6. Thanks.

Here is another one with some of the light leak damage left intact. Trying to turn lemons into lemonade.

roll18-02-web.jpg

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Or as Bob Ross said, a happy little accident. It looks like dragon's breath.

8. Iris! the second, detail shot does it for me, as i see the softer (focused) tones, breaking-up in background. the petal detail is great on all of these.

9. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    First one is a definite keeper in my book , great photo Beezle !

10. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    light leak

The light leak works for you giving the foreground 3 dimentionality and adding depth to the entire photo.
    BTW, did I tell you how much I like these photos?
    Beautiful, thank you,

11. Thank you very much.

I am actually less thrilled. I expected more contrast in the petals than I got. And I don't know if that's the nature of this flower, or the film, or the light damage or how I developed the film, or how I scanned them, or...

12. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nice....glad to see more B&W flowers....

13. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    They've got that b/w "glow." Beautiful.

You guys are making me want to break out some film again...

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Do it Nancy!

15. Nancy, this place is an EOF (equal opportunity forum). Break out some film and shoot away. We could definitely use some participation from the distaff side! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.