Iris

Three versions, because Iris is my favourite flower. It's too bad they don't last longer. I wish they bloomed all summer!:smile:

(Thanks Igor for helping with the Anisotropic questions I had...appreciated!!)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 98939

View attachment 98940

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bob! Thanks for the compliment! #1 is the original. It's hard to improve on a natural Iris, but fun to try.:biggrin:

Hi Sandi,

Yes, the Iris is definately my favourite and I need to plant more.
Thanks for your compliment!!:smile:

I like all three. THe darker color of #2 is very appealling to me but you have left lots of PS artificts on 2. Particularly the edge of the flowers against the leaves. The leaves have a line where you didn't get a tight enough fit on your processing selection.

Keis,

For #2, there wasn't any "selecting" at all. I used the Cardiff action, and it is it's normal look to produce a border, often in thin black, and/or in colour around areas in an image. On another site, there was a comment about an additional green "halo" which was too much of a distraction and I removed it on the version you see here. I could further remove the edges that remain, but the Cardiff look was my intention. Actually, I altered the action slightly to increase the contrast, but that had no effect on any borders that appear due to the action process itself.
Thanks very much for your compliments/comments....appreciated!!:smile:

Hi Melissa!!

Thanks for you compliment...another vote for the one that's a little more dramatic....appreciated!!:smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom