Irish Home Depot

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rich Gibson, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Ennis, County Claire Ireland

Rich

original.

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    What a terrific, vibrant photo Rich. So much more inviting than the US version.

Neil

3. Thanks! And the people who work there don't duck behind a stack of merchandise if they happen to make eye contact with you.

:p

Rich

4. I want a hardware store like that one. You mean the workers will even help you out?? Well seen and taken image Rich.

5. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Rich

Great picture,that colors and comp. great work

6. Thank you all. I've re-worked a number of my shots taken on vacations last spring and 2003 thanks to the advice given here.

Rich :lol:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great color Rich. What work did you do to get the yellows and reds so vibrant, yet perfectly natural looking?

8. I brought in in NC. The color adjustment which did such a good job was the color booster. I selected "nature" and just worked the slider with the arrows till it seemed well balanced. Of course that was after setting the white point and balancing the histogram to just kiss the ends.

Gosh, it's only taken 10-15000 images and Im finally starting to be able to detect color casts.... and contrast balance. Kinda frightening!

Sometimes when I stare at an image I seem to get mesmerised (color-wise). Now as a check I look away and sort of "glance" at the whole picture. Gordon was helping me with that blue fishing boat which just didn't "pop." While going through it again from NEF I discovered the value of looking away for a second. Bam! I could see the blue cast.

Man this is a great site!

Just don't tell anyone else...just kidding.

Rich

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You know Rich, I was just thinking the same thing today. Patrick and I absolutely never expected the Café to become this. I am actually finding or learning several new things every day.

Kinda neat, huh??

:p

Frank