IRL Racing

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by David_Bailey, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  2. Can't see them here David, was hoping to see Scott Dixon too!!

3. Here's a few of Scott Dixon. He was supposed to have his blue color scheme on the car for this race but he wrecked that car and they went to the backup.

original.

View attachment 104176

View attachment 104177

View attachment 104178

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I still cant see them.

Are you hosting them somewhere?

5. They are coming from pbase.com and I see them fine. I'm not sure what the problem may be. I'll check from another computer as well to see if they are visible. I wish we could upload directly to this site it would make it much easier.

6. David,

It seems that you're getting your image URL by right clicking on the images in your Pbase gallery; image URLs obtained in this way from Pbase provide dynamic links that aren't reliable (i.e., don't work for everybody and may not work for anybody later on). See this FAQ for info on posting images from Pbase.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Ok, I think I've corrected them. Let me know if you can see them now.

8. Thanks David, can see them now. Good shots of Scott Dixon too!! How did he do? Us Kiwis are everywhere!!

Thanks again for your post.

9. Nice Shots

Great series of shots. How did you stop the action on the car in #5 & 6 and blur the background?

10. I panned the shot at a slower than normal speed. In looking back at it I should have panned at an even slower speed to get more blur, of course you get less usable shots that way. :wink:

11. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Good job on those David . I like the danica pit stop shot the best.

Good job panning as well.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice series of images David, I especially like the tight facial shots.

13. He started 7th and finished 12th.

14. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Dave can I ask what lens you were using for the track shots I am going to be in the PITS this weekend at Watkins Glen and trackside in the Firestone Tent I was thinking of using the 70-300VR

15. Pit shots were the 17-55 f/2.8 and the track shots were the 70-200 f/2.8. I have a 300 f/2.8 as well but never broke it out for this race.