Is a 3rd party sharpner really worth it ?

People will probably disagree with me, but I have been having a hard time telling the difference between Nikon Capture NX and Focal Blade in respect to the sharpening.
I have sharpened in the raw editor and saved to JPG, I have then used an unsharpened JPG and applied Focal Blade to the image.
Looking at the two images side by side, at 100%, 200% and 300% I cannot see anything different in using the standard settings.
When I go into the expert mode of focal blade, and play around with the various sliders, I can see a difference, but to my eye I am not sure if the image is then oversharpened ! Matter of opinion I suppose
I think what I am really after is people's opinions, for settings, other 3rd party applications and at the end of the day is there a significant difference in the final print????
I use Qimage, which can sharpen, I assume that this should be switched off ????? Or should I just use Qimage to sharpen my images ? If So which setting ???
So many questions !!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom