Is it a bird? Is it a plant? It's...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by viewfinder, Aug 20, 2005.

1. daisy, man... :wink:

[​IMG]
    Camera model : NIKON D70
    Date/Time : 2005:07:24 14:36:17
    Flash used : No
    Focal length : 105.0mm (35mm equivalent: 157mm)
    Exposure time : 0.0050 s (1/200)
    Aperture : f/3.8
    Whitebalance : Auto (-2)
    Metering Mode : spot

Comments and feedbacks most welcome!

Regards,
    Jonathan

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    daisy man

I like it.. but i think a little more DOF so more of the flowers are in focus..colors are great...just starting to get the DOF stuff close on my macros....

Tim
    D70
    Kit lens
    Sigma's 70-200 + 105 macro... got to take it off the camera..
    others are getting board sitting in the bag...

3. Hi Johathan, I understand what you were doing but for me I would have cropped 1/3 off the left side so that the two out of focus flowers did not compete with one another for attention. My crop line would go just beside the blue center to eliminate it. For me at least that would make a much more interesting image. I love the colors and the way you handled the DOF but think if you simplified the image just a little it would be better. Take this with a grain of salt since it is just my preference.

4. Take two...

You are quite right there Gordon, such a keen eye for composition! The above is a 100% crop from the original, and I have the tendency to want to keep the 6x4 aspect ratio.

But here it is, and I think you are spot on. Thanks for the constructive comments. We learn something new everyday.

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Jonathan

5. Jonathan, I really enjoy seeing your posts and images. I'm finding that I really like your vision and presentations. Keep up the good work and keep posting!! :)

6. Cool shot Jonathan...!! Really like the colors and abstract presentation.. :)

7. Thanks Kevin and Mike.

Regards,
    Jonathan

8. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Jonathan liked the first image account it evoked an image of a mask.
    The 2nd image I longer see a mask now but can visualize two birds.
    Keep up your creative images very refreshing.
    Neil

9. I like abstract in nature, you can find so many nice color combination and patterns, the colors are very nice.