Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Bob Coutant, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    or do even the weeds start looking better at this time of year? :smile:

[​IMG]

2. Nice bright colors Bob. I'm looking forward to the fall colors in my area but it will be awhile yet. Thanks for sharing this image.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Autumn is my favorite season...the reds, golds, browns, oranges and yellows that Mother Nature puts on display for us....beautiful! You captured it well here and I agree, even the weeds can look good this time of year.

4. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Gordon and Leigh -- I didn't think it was quite time for this yet, but who am I to argue with Mother Nature.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Bob,

In Chicago this summer, if it wasn't for the weeds...there would have been no green. The drought kicked some major butt on the folliage this year! Beautiful colors in your image...just beautiful.

6. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Frank. This just proves that even poison ivy is good for something. Now, if I could only find a market for it...

7. Mother Nature's Fashion Show - isn't it great! Nice colours in this one, thanks for sharing.

8. The change of colors for the second year is very strange, there's some places that are very colorful and others about nothing still green.

9. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Gilles/Sandi,
    Your colors are well ahead of ours. Around here, the poison ivy and a few other vines are the first to change. I'm still waiting for the dogwood, sassafras, and hickories. I guess I'd rather have it that way -- when everything happens in one big splash, it's over too quickly. Right now, the only color in my dogwoods comes from the berries.

DSC_0795sm.

10. Callie

Callie Guest

Hi Bob
    Know the name, not the plant, very nice shades of red, must say you guys in the north have spectacular autumns in certain parts, something we never have here.
    Regards

11. For us in Florida, weeds are about the only things that DO change color. But I guess we make up for it in birding opportunities! :wink:

Sure wish I had access to some Fall Foliage to shoot. :rolleyes:

12. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Callie and Kevin -- Thanks for looking. Actually, we are now right in the middle of our color season -- today would have been perfect if it were not for the cold (<50F) rain that is stripping the leaves from the trees. It all happens so quickly that we have to have a little luck to go along with the season. I'm hoping for some sunshine Saturday and Sunday, else I'll have to wait another year.

Yes Kevin you do make up for it with your birding opportunities as long as you can duck your hurricanes -- watch out for Wilma.