1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is it me, or do some lenses work better with different camera bodies?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Jonathan F/2, Sep 27, 2008.

1. The reason I bring this topic up is due to the fact that I am considering selling one of my bodies in exchange for another camera body. I'm currently shooting with a D3 and two D2x bodies. I'm thinking of exchanging one of my D2X cameras for a D300. I used to own two D300 bodies but sold them in order to finance a D3.

The reason I bring this topic up is due to the fact that some of my lenses seem to work better with different cameras. For example: My 200-400 VR in my opinion doesn't work quite as well on a D2X, but on the D300 it works fantastic producing sharp pictures while not being as sharp as the latter.

My D2X seems to shine when it comes to shooting with my Sigma 500mm 4.5 HSM and my 200 f/2 VR, but these lenses in my opinion don't work quite as well on the D300. What the heck is going on? Is it in my head?

Have you guys/gals experienced this? Amazingly enough, everything works great with the D3. If they released a D3X, I would have the best shooting combination ever! Unfortunately we're not there yet, so what do you think?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.