1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

is it safe...

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by dbguy, Jul 11, 2008.

1. to charge a duracell rechargeable battery in a energizer charger?

2. remo

remo

May 12, 2008
    NJ
    yes

3. will there be any effects at all in the long run? like will the battery life be lower?

4. Brand isnt important, the type of battery is.

5. Do bunnies like copper?:confused: 

6. Should pose no problem Andrew. You can put any brand of NiMH in a NiMH charger, and any brand of NiCd in a NiCd charger. The charger neither knows nor cares who made the battery you're putting in it. You can also charge different brands at the same time, as long as they're the same type. However, my personal preference is to charge only the same brand and keep from mixing them. In other words, only Duracell or Energizer, but not both at the same time.

7. okay cool thanks.

8. my duracell batteries just got done charging from an energizer charger, and the batteries were really hot... is it supposed to be hot?

9. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    And both chargers may well have been made in the same factory.:wink:

10. I'd say more like very warm is normal. Certainly not too hot to touch.

Don

11. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    The Bunny might die.

12. I've got an Energizer Nihm charger... batteries always hot after charging, that's what happens in a quick charger. Even with my new Powerex slow charger set to 5 hours, they are warm.

13. i dont have a quick charger, its those family packs that takes like hours to charge

14. kays

kays

Aug 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Is it safe? Is it safe? (sound of a dental drill whining) Is it safe?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.