is it safe...

will there be any effects at all in the long run? like will the battery life be lower?
Should pose no problem Andrew. You can put any brand of NiMH in a NiMH charger, and any brand of NiCd in a NiCd charger. The charger neither knows nor cares who made the battery you're putting in it. You can also charge different brands at the same time, as long as they're the same type. However, my personal preference is to charge only the same brand and keep from mixing them. In other words, only Duracell or Energizer, but not both at the same time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
my duracell batteries just got done charging from an energizer charger, and the batteries were really hot... is it supposed to be hot?

Should pose no problem Andrew. You can put any brand of NiMH in a NiMH charger, and any brand of NiCd in a NiCd charger. The charger neither knows nor cares who made the battery you're putting in it. You can also charge different brands at the same time, as long as they're the same type. However, my personal preference is to charge only the same brand and keep from mixing them. In other words, only Duracell or Energizer, but not both at the same time.
And both chargers may well have been made in the same factory.:wink:

my duracell batteries just got done charging from an energizer charger, and the batteries were really hot... is it supposed to be hot?
I've got an Energizer Nihm charger... batteries always hot after charging, that's what happens in a quick charger. Even with my new Powerex slow charger set to 5 hours, they are warm.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom