1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is it worth trying to sell a 2100?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xrdbear, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I've just ordered an Epson R2400. I decided it was the most cost effective upgrade path compared with buying Imageprint.

The question is: is it worth trying to sell my 2100? It hasn't done all that many prints and works just fine but I would feel very worried about shipping a printer with it's cartrdges in and all sorts of wet pads and sponges. Is it practical? I might be able to find a buyer locally but it's a bit of a long shot with the island population only 12000.

What do you think?

2. No opinions? Has anyone had any success shipping a used printer?

A very long time ago I moved a monochrome Epson printer from office to office and it got inverted. That was messy. and taught me to be wary.

3. I sold and shipped an Epson 2200 with no issues.

4. Sounds hopeful. I was just a bit worried that if it gets thrown around or left inverted there might be trouble. Thanks.

5. Yea, that's the issue... people are concerned that things will get ruined by spilled ink. Don't you have a local for sale thing like CraigsList?

6. No, not really. The West Highland Free Press has a for sale column but it's mainly beds, agricultural machinery and fridges. About 10 ads a week.
    I could put a card in the window at the Fruit and Nut shop. Ah, the joys of island life :eek: )

I'm doing all right with camera equipment sales though. I use a company in Inverness that sells on commission. I recently sold a lens through them that I advertised on the forum here without success. After commission I got £80 more then I was advertising it for here :eek: )

7. Sounds as if the company in Inverness is the route you should take then.:wink:

8. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    I'm in the same boat. I need to get rid of my 2200 Epson to. I've tried craigs list but didn't get anywhere.

Larry

9. If recall correctly, the 2200 does well at B&W. Perhaps advertising that benefit might help the sale. There are also custom B&W ink sets for it, piezeography.com comes to mind.

10. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I have sold several medium format printers on e-bay with no problems. I would not worry about attempting to sell the 2100. The trick is packaging it properly and making sure that it is insured (though I have never attempted to deal with insurance when I have purchased it, oddly enough).

James

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.