Is .mac better than other image hosting?

I was just wondering if I should get .mac account and cancel smugmug, pbase etc. The main reason, I can also store NEFs and get a good email account and other .mac features. So everything is in one place..I do not have mac yet though

Do you think this makes sense?

you might wait until the .mac to .me transition is complete to see if there is additional value...

I use dot mac to host my pics. I like the simplicity

Thank you guys for the suggestion. I do not want to use Picasa or free hosting. I am already a smugmug and pbase user. I am just wondering if new .mac aka .me with 20GB space @ $99 is of more value compared to smugmug/pbase :)

I have a .mac account but I don't use it for image display. I use the account for synchronizing my Macs and iPhone (bookmarks, contacts, iCal, keychains, etc.). Until Time Machine came along, I used it for backup as well. Now with the new Mobile Me (.me) replacement coming out soon I will be reassessing how I use my account and probably will experiment with the photo space, too, since I think I'll have more in which to work once the transition takes place.

R

rocketliv

I love my .mac account! I use the idisk to store files! Its fantastic. Frees up my harddrive.

I used to really like my account. Unfortunately I had to renew just prior to the conversion to me.com. If I had known beforehand what it would it turn into, I definitely would not have renewed. I find the the new interface to be the least intuitive site that I have ever encountered. If I could cancel my present subscription I would do so. Sad to say!:frown:

I haven't taken time yet to check out the new web interface. Only just this evening got around to updating on my MacBook Air, and tomorrow ill probably update the other machines, since I do want to keep things in sync...... Before, I rarely went into the website, just used the service for sync purposes and that was it. I have to say that the "Cloud" concept and the new "MobileMe" name, along with "me.com" doesn't thrill me......

the .mac site may be worth it just to use the auto backup features. Every Saturday night the files I want backed up are done so automatically. I basically got it for that but started using it when I began putting a web site together for my hvac biz.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom