Is Nikon Discontinuing the D700 for five weeks?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by bokehmanedof, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Joey, I see no indication of this anywhere else. I believe it is a joke.

2. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Something is wrong with that guy, just ignore the video. :wink:

3. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I would have rather been rickrolled...
    I am not having any problems with mine and I am not sending it back for 4-6 weeks.
    Pete

4. I was reading a thread on DPreview, and apparently he has a history of making disparaging videos of Nikon products... Not quite sure why...

Here's the DPreview thread.

5. AdamJ

AdamJ

Jan 28, 2008
    Aurora, IL
    Very wierd... even if his info is real, production can be halted due to overstock at any time, he could have just assumed it was for technical reasons.

My bet is this guy is just being a freak, trying to stir something up...

6. I've watched several of his videos, and find them to be pretty informative. I don't know why he would post a blatant lie and ruin any of his credibility. It's obvious he likes Nikon equipment, as that's all he shoots, so I don't think he would deliberately post derogatory stuff about them. I guess we'll know if this is the case when the story starts breaking elsewhere or when all the stores suddenly show out of stock, and remain that way for 4-6 weeks. I wouldn't be so quick to call BS.

7. AdamJ

AdamJ

Jan 28, 2008
    Aurora, IL
  8. Hahaha! he calls the 85 f1.4 Cream Cheese.

This Dude is an idiot.

9. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    This particular individual is apparently a paranoid schizophrenic. I'm not kidding. He got kicked out of Nikonians for impersonating multiple persons and posting replies to his own posts. Seriously, he doesn't need the attention.

-Jason

10. Wow! its that bad?

11. You got to be kidding me ? :confused:

Informative ?
    You mean the video where he pretends to put his camera in a microwave ? :confused:
    He has credibility now?!?:eek:

Im amazed how many that comment on his videos on YT, and most of them thanking him for his wonderful work....Just shows how naive people are, beliveing everything they see/read on the internet.

I personally think he is retarded beyond help, and should be sued his pants off for the all the copyright/TM infringements.

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

bad ju ju to sue retards. ROTFL:tongue:

13. Well sue me... :biggrin:

14. He's a complete nutjob.

15. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Well I lost 5 minutes of my life watching another of his videos and checking out this thread …

Please, no more of this guy :actions1:

16. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    It seems the guy isn't well, so just ignore the message

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  17. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    ...and somehow, without following the link, I just know that this must be that #$&! "lilkiwiguy" character.:mad:

I have yet to see anything useful from this guy. "The focal length indicates the distance from the sensor to the last rear element" was one of the great nuggets of wisdom he had. Ken Rockwell has at least some sensible advice from time to time!

(The last sentence is of course an application of Godwin's law applied to photography forums)